NUMBER NEIGHBORS (Ages 4 to 10; 1 to 3 Students)
NUMBER NEIGHBORS "Seeing is Believing"
This visual and kinesthetic, hand-crafted manipulative teaches many of the basic concepts of math and numeracy from Pre-K thru 4th Grade and promotes conceptual understanding, the "why" behind the rules of math.
NUMBER NEIGHBORS has been developed to create number sense and understanding of math concepts for the visual, kinesthetic, tactile, multi-sensory learner-- those who need to know the “why” behind the step-by-step processes of math.
The following basic concepts of mathematics are taught with this hands-on tool:
- number recognition
- odd and even numbers
- skip counting
- place value
- 1- to 3-digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
- introduction to fractions
All of these concepts and procedures are taught using geometric principles and color association for place value. Teachers are given permission to print from the Study Guide the reproducible lessons and activities for their students.
Complete Kit Includes:
- Sturdy plastic storage box
- 36 large, hand-crafted, wooden number blocks (four 0's, ten 1's, five 2's, three 5's, two each of 3's, 4's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's, and 10's)
- 50 giant (1-inch) marbles - 3 colors (20 for the ones place, 20 for the tens place, 10 for the hundreds place value)
- Colors may vary from those shown
- Number line strips for 0 - 20
- Illustrated teacher/student activity guide with over 225 pages of reproducible activities in PDF format on CD. Access to Digital Download also provided.
Need several kits for a classroom without the extra Study Guide and/or marbles? See ordering options at the bottom of the page.
CAUTION: Potential choking hazard. Includes small parts; not for children under 3 years of age.